Bulls' Ball to have knee surgery, out 6-8 weeks
Ball has a small meniscus tear in his left knee, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
It's the same injury Ball had during the 2018-19 season, when he also underwent surgery.
Ball has averaged 13 points on a career-best 56.7% effective field-goal rate in 35 appearances this season, with 5.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 1.8 steals a night.
Despite the team's current 2-5 skid, Chicago remains atop the Eastern Conference standings with a 28-15 overall record.
- 2022 NBA Draft Lottery preview: Odds, top prospects, and how to watch
- Kyrie regrets Cavs ending: We 'would've won more championships'
- Ranking the 4 potential NBA Finals matchups
- Woman files for protective order against Cavaliers' Rondo
- Smart questionable for Game 1 vs. Heat after suffering midfoot sprain