Bulls' Ball to have knee surgery, out 6-8 weeks
Ball has a small meniscus tear in his left knee, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
It's the same injury Ball had during the 2018-19 season, when he also underwent surgery.
Ball has averaged 13 points on a career-best 56.7% effective field-goal rate in 35 appearances this season, with 5.4 rebounds, 5.1 assists, and 1.8 steals a night.
Despite the team's current 2-5 skid, Chicago remains atop the Eastern Conference standings with a 28-15 overall record.
- Luka keeps faith with Mavs down 3-1: 'I still believe we can win'
- Luka, Mavericks extend West finals with Game 4 win over Warriors
- Jokic, Curry highlight 2021-22 All-NBA Teams
- Report: Teams asking Lakers for 1st-rounder in Westbrook trade talks
- Warriors, Mavs delayed 16 minutes by leaky roof after halftime