LeBron tweets apology after Lakers' latest defeat
The Lakers' performance against the Nuggets was so dispiriting that even franchise icon - and recent team president - Magic Johnson couldn't help but weigh in, opining that the team owed their fans a better effort.
"We as (Lakers) fans can accept being outplayed but we deserve more than a lack of effort and no sense of urgency," Johnson tweeted, tagging team governor Jeanie Buss.
For James' part, his presence on the court hasn't necessarily guaranteed winning basketball for the Lakers. The team is barely over .500 in games James has played (16-15) and has actually been outscored by 0.2 points per 100 possessions overall in 1,137 minutes with the 17-time All-Star on the floor.
The Lakers' net rating while James is on the court is better than the minus-3.6 mark when he's off, but it still portends a hopeful title contender trending in the wrong direction.
- Luka keeps faith with Mavs down 3-1: 'I still believe we can win'
- Luka, Mavericks extend West finals with Game 4 win over Warriors
- Jokic, Curry highlight 2021-22 All-NBA Teams
- Report: Teams asking Lakers for 1st-rounder in Westbrook trade talks
- Warriors, Mavs delayed 16 minutes by leaky roof after halftime