Draymond's sore calf linked to back issue, will be out at least 2 more weeks
Draymond Green will be sidelined for at least two more weeks after the Golden State Warriors determined the veteran's sore left calf was tied to an issue with a disc in his lower back, the team announced Sunday.
Green will be re-evaluated in two weeks following the results of an MRI on his lower back.
The 31-year-old last played in a game on Jan. 9, making a brief appearance to commemorate Klay Thompson's return to the Warriors' lineup before checking out of the game immediately after the opening tip.
Green has averaged 7.9 points, 7.6 rebounds, 7.4 assists, 1.4 steals, and 1.2 blocks per game and is considered a front-runner for the Defensive Player of the Year award.
- Luka keeps faith with Mavs down 3-1: 'I still believe we can win'
- Luka, Mavericks extend West finals with Game 4 win over Warriors
- Jokic, Curry highlight 2021-22 All-NBA Teams
- Report: Teams asking Lakers for 1st-rounder in Westbrook trade talks
- Warriors, Mavs delayed 16 minutes by leaky roof after halftime