Magic: Lakers fans 'deserve more' after 37-point blowout loss
Former Los Angeles Lakers executive and star player Magic Johnson was not impressed by the team's performance in Saturday's 133-96 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
Johnson tweeted his displeasure with the lack of effort displayed by the Lakers, saying that the franchise and its fans deserve more from the players.
However, Westbrook did push back against the Hall of Famer's tweet in his postgame comments, stating that Johnson is "entitled to his opinion" but isn't around the team to see what's really going on.
The Lakers fell below .500 with the loss, their third straight, putting them just half a game ahead of the Los Angeles Clippers for seventh place in the Western Conference.
- Luka keeps faith with Mavs down 3-1: 'I still believe we can win'
- Luka, Mavericks extend West finals with Game 4 win over Warriors
- Jokic, Curry highlight 2021-22 All-NBA Teams
- Report: Teams asking Lakers for 1st-rounder in Westbrook trade talks
- Warriors, Mavs delayed 16 minutes by leaky roof after halftime