Morant enters health and safety protocols
Morant is fully vaccinated and has received his booster shot, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports. He didn't participate in shootaround Wednesday morning, but it's unclear if he was at the team facility, according to The Athletic's Joe Vardon.
The 22-year-old has already been out since Nov. 26 with a left knee sprain. Since Morant didn't have a timetable to return from injury, his stint in the league's health and safety protocols may not extend how long he's sidelined.
Morant was in the midst of a dominant season for the Grizzlies prior to his injury. The former No. 2 overall pick is averaging 24.1 points, 6.8 assists, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.6 steals in 19 starts.
Memphis has won five straight games since Morant was forced out of the lineup.
- In a volatile East final, Celtics find stability with pick-and-roll defense
- Luka keeps faith with Mavs down 3-1: 'I still believe we can win'
- Jokic, Curry highlight 2021-22 All-NBA Teams
- Celtics at Heat betting preview: Boston to carry momentum into Game 5
- Luka, Mavericks extend West finals with Game 4 win over Warriors