Report: Bucks to waive Robinson, ink Javonte Smart to 2-way deal
The Milwaukee Bucks plan to shuffle their backcourt depth by waiving third-year point guard Justin Robinson and signing rookie Javonte Smart to a two-way contract, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Smart went undrafted this summer after three years at LSU, culminating with his selection to the All-SEC second team as a junior. Making five appearances for the Miami Heat's G League affiliate in Sioux Falls this season, the 6-foot-4 guard put up 22 points, 4.4 rebounds, 3.6 assists, and a steal in over 35 minutes per game.
Robinson had enjoyed his largest role in the NBA to date, averaging 2.8 points and 1.2 assists in 11.6 minutes per game for Milwaukee.
- Nets owner Tsai backs coach, GM amid reported Durant standoff
- Report: Sexton, Cavs remain at standstill on new contract
- Murray, Banchero feud on social media after testy pro-am game
- Draymond, Kuzma say Austin Reaves should keep 'Hillbilly Kobe' nickname
- Report: Bulls, Vucevic have mutual interest in contract extension