Jenkins: Morant avoided serious knee injury, out at least a 'couple of weeks'
However, Jenkins expressed gratitude that Morant didn't suffer any tears or ligament damage.
"We're so thankful we avoided a significant injury," Jenkins told reporters before the team's matchup against the Sacramento Kings, courtesy of ESPN. "We expect a full recovery, and this is nothing long term that we're worried about."
Morant was initially diagnosed with a left knee sprain after undergoing preliminary imaging. There's no firm timetable for the star floor general's return.
The electrifying 22-year-old has gotten off to a tremendous start this season. Morant entered Sunday's games ranked in the top 15 in both points per game (24.1) and assists per game (6.8).
Tyus Jones started in place of Morant against the Kings and should remain the team's fill-in starting point guard.
The Grizzlies, who are currently on a two-game losing streak, entered Sunday's contest with a 9-10 record.
- Jokic's 49-point triple-double powers Nuggets to thrilling OT win
- Pacers roll past Lakers in 4th quarter for skid-stopping win
- Embiid ties career high with 50 points as 76ers pull away from Magic
- Report: Simmons plans to sit all season if not traded by deadline
- Can the disappointing Hawks turn it around?