Embiid details battle with COVID-19: 'Thought I wasn't going to make it'
Embiid, who missed nine games after entering the league's health and safety protocols following a positive test, says he feared for his life at one point while sidelined.
"It hit me hard. I really thought I wasn't going to make it. It was that bad," Embiid said. "I'm just thankful to be sitting here. I struggled with it, but I'm just glad I got over it."
Embiid was dominant in his much-anticipated return to the court, pouring in 42 points on 16-of-21 shooting from the free-throw line along with 14 rebounds. The All-Star big man's effort wasn't enough, though, as Minnesota narrowly edged Philadelphia 121-120.
The 76ers dropped to 10-10 with the loss and are now 2-8 in their last 10 games. That includes a 2-7 stretch over the nine games Embiid was sidelined.
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul
- Harden's triple-double powers Nets past Spurs
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Jaren Jackson's defensive leap is powering the Grizzlies' rise