Celtics' Al Horford tests positive for COVID-19
Horford joins Jaylen Brown as the second Celtics player to be diagnosed with the virus in the last week. It's unclear whether either player will be available for Boston's regular-season opener on Oct. 20.
Multiple Celtics weren't vaccinated against COVID-19 just days before training camp opened, and it was unknown which players hadn't received the shot, reported Boston.com's Tom Westerholm on Sept. 26.
The five-time All-Star figures to play a big role as an experienced veteran and a key cog in the frontcourt.
- NBA unveils Part 1 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Simmons suspended 1 game after removal from practice, reportedly fined $1.4M
- Pistons' Cunningham to miss opener vs. Bulls with ankle sprain
- Bagley's agent rips Kings, says they removed client from rotation
- Suns GM: Team never had 'real negotiations' with Ayton