LaMelo hoping for late jersey switch from No. 2 to No. 1
NBA Rookie of the Year LaMelo Ball is pushing the NBA to allow him to switch his jersey number, but he’s not had any success.
The Hornets point guard missed the deadline last year to submit a number change request to the league that would allow him to switch from the No. 2 that he currently wears to the No. 1 that prefers. Malik Monk wore No. 1 last year for the Hornets.
“Man, I feel No. 1 is just me,” Ball said at the Hornets media day. “And I just want to be me out there. Playing in No. 2 just doesn’t feel right. Last year was cool because my brother (Lonzo), I said I would be No. 2 for him. ... But (No. 2) don’t feel right.”
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Lillard: 'I'm not asking for a trade' amid Trail Blazers' turmoil
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- The Pacers may finally commit to a direction, but picking one won't be easy
- The night that foreshadowed Steph Curry breaking Ray Allen's threes record