Reporter doesn't recognize Jazz's Clarkson during street interview
Jordan Clarkson just won Sixth Man of the Year with the Utah Jazz. Unfortunately, a reporter was left in the dark about the guard's accolades and failed to recognize who she was interviewing on Friday.
The now-viral encounter is courtesy of Hayley Crombleholme, a local Salt Lake City reporter doing a story on the Jazz. She not only didn't recognize Clarkson, but listened to him spell out his name.
To Clarkson's credit, he went along with the interview and was in good spirits about the embarrassing mishap later on Twitter.
With NBA preseason games beginning on Oct. 3, Jazz fans will hopefully be able to familiarize themselves with their bench sharpshooter should they ever run into him on the street.
- LeBron still shuns load management: I 'feel worse when I play low minutes'
- Sexton, Bridges headline players without rookie contract extensions
- Silver: 'I'm still hopeful Kyrie will get vaccinated'
- Hawks sign Huerter to 4-year, $65M contract extension
- Silver: NBA still mulling in-season tourney but needs players to buy in