Bulls' Williams out 4-6 weeks with severe ankle sprain
The Bulls' fourth overall pick in 2020 is fresh off earning a spot on the All-Summer League second team after averaging 21 points, 9.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, and 1.3 steals while shooting 43.8% from 3-point range over three games.
Williams, 20, was projected to start the season as Chicago's starting power forward in a revamped lineup alongside Lonzo Ball, DeMar DeRozan, Zach LaVine, and Nikola Vucevic. Third-year guard Coby White, who will likely serve as the Bulls' sixth man, is expected to return in November after undergoing shoulder surgery in June.
The Bulls are preparing to begin training camp Sept. 28.
- LeBron still shuns load management: I 'feel worse when I play low minutes'
- Sexton, Bridges headline players without rookie contract extensions
- Silver: 'I'm still hopeful Kyrie will get vaccinated'
- Hawks sign Huerter to 4-year, $65M contract extension
- Silver: NBA still mulling in-season tourney but needs players to buy in