Melo brushes off doubts about Lakers' age: 'It's all about debate'
Anthony told Adam Caparell of Complex that he and his teammates laugh off criticism of the age of their roster and understand the media is using the subject to spark discussion.
"To be honest, I think it'll be too easy for you guys to be like, 'Yeah, they're going to be like this.' It's too easy," Anthony said. "You guys are baiting people to start a debate. It's all about debate. We get it. We understand it. This is what you guys have to do. We understand that and we laugh at it and take it with a grain of salt and move on because everybody on the outside have their opinions about it and we're the ones who know who we are.
"We know what we have to do. We know how we going to do it. Those are the things we have to deal with. So it's easy for the outsiders or naysayers to give their overall perspective and it's very opinionated. And y'all should do that. You should do that because it bring more viewers and bring more eyeballs and bring more conversation and more anticipation. If and when it does happen, winning a championship, that's the fun part."
- Report: Bulls, Vucevic have mutual interest in contract extension
- Draymond, Kuzma say Austin Reaves should keep 'Hillbilly Kobe' nickname
- Lowry tried to get Vince Carter back to the Raptors
- Rich Paul: LeBron had 'productive' extension talks with Lakers
- Shumpert arrested at Texas airport for cannabis possession