Lakers officially land Westbrook in 5-team trade
Here are the full details of the trade:
To Lakers: Russell Westbrook
To Nets: 2nd-round pick, pick swap
To Pacers: Isaiah Jackson
To Spurs: Chandler Hutchison, 2nd-round pick
To Wizards: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Spencer Dinwiddie, Montrezl Harrell, Aaron Holiday, Kyle Kuzma, Isaiah Todd
"It takes a special mentality of competitiveness to take on the role of point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers," vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka said through a team statement.
"We have seen some of the all-time greats master that role here, and now Russell Westbrook gets to come home and do just that. This is a very proud day for our franchise, and we are incredibly grateful. We welcome Russell and his family to Lakers Nation."
Westbrook averaged a triple-double (22.2 points, 11.5 rebounds, and 11.7 assists) in his lone season with the Wizards. It marked the fourth time that the 2017 MVP accomplished the feat.
The 32-year-old is a native of Long Beach, California. He's set to join a star-studded core featuring LeBron James and Anthony Davis that hopes to deliver the Lakers franchise an NBA-record 18th championship.
- Lillard won't rule out sitting rest of season if Blazers 'play for a draft pick'
- Caruso to undergo wrist surgery, out at least 6-8 weeks
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul