Holmes staying with Kings on 4-year contract worth up to $55M
The 6-foot-10 big man earned his big payday after returning tremendous value relative to the two-year, $9.8-million contract he signed with the Kings in 2019. In just under 29 minutes per game, Holmes averaged 13.4 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks over the duration of the deal.
Holmes was one of the more productive talents still available after an action-packed opening evening of free agency, especially among a particularly shallow selection of frontcourt options. With the 27-year-old off the market, Khem Birch, Andre Drummond, and Robin Lopez are among the top remaining free-agent centers.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?