Gonzaga star Suggs heads to Magic with No. 5 pick
Suggs went to Gonzaga as the highest-ranked recruit in school history and actually exceeded the massive expectations during his only season in Spokane. The second-team All-American offered the lasting memory of the college basketball season by hitting one of the most dramatic game-winning shots in NCAA Tournament history to down UCLA in the Final Four.
The Minnesota native showed off an incredibly polished well-rounded game with Mark Few's club, leading the Bulldogs to a remarkable 31-1 season. Suggs averaged 14.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.5 assists, and 1.9 steals per game on the defensive end. Suggs was also a highly rated quarterback recruit on the football field, which is evident in the toughness he displays on the basketball court.
Weight: 205 lbs
Max vertical: N/A
- Elite passer in both the half-court offense and on the break
- Flashes above-average athleticism in finishing to the rim
- Excels in late-game execution and turnover avoidance
- Outstanding ability to read the game at both ends
- Arguably the most well-rounded player in the draft
- Needs to continue improvement from 33.7% on 3-point shooting
- Will have to develop variety of finishing moves versus stronger opponents