Kawhi ruled out for Game 1 vs. Suns
Leonard is out indefinitely after suffering a right knee sprain in Game 4 versus the Utah Jazz.
The 29-year-old star has averaged 30.4 points, 7.7 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and 2.1 steals through 11 postseason appearances. He's also shot 39.3% on threes and 57.3% from the floor overall.
The Suns are facing the possibility of a major absence of their own. Future Hall of Fame point guard Chris Paul remains in health and safety protocols, although he hasn't officially been ruled out from Sunday's Game 1.
Phoenix last appeared in the conference finals in 2010. The Clippers have never advanced this deep into the postseason in team history.
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'