Nash expects Kyrie to return to lineup if Nets advance
"It is not a season-threatening situation," Nash said, according to ESPN's Malika Andrews.
However, the head coach added that Irving has "miles to make up" before he's able to get back on the court.
The team already ruled Irving out for Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Bucks on Saturday, which will mark his third straight full contest on the sidelines. The dynamic point guard suffered his ankle sprain during the first half of Game 4.
Kevin Durant has been leaned on heavily in Irving's absence, averaging 40.5 points in the two games the floor general has missed.
Irving's return would provide a huge boost to the Nets, as he's averaging 22.7 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 3.4 assists through nine postseason appearances.
- U.S. loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Report: Rockets aggressively pursuing Pistons' No. 1 pick
- T-Wolves block Hernangomez from Olympics, upsetting Spanish federation
- Dream ignited: How Jonathan Kuminga made his case to be drafted top 5
- Mind the gap: The basketball world is catching up to the U.S.