Report: Raptors possible trade destination for Tristan Thompson
If the Boston Celtics elect to part ways with Tristan Thompson ahead of the NBA's March 25 trade deadline, the Toronto Raptors could be a possible destination for the veteran center, Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes reports.
After spending the first nine seasons of his career with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Thompson signed a two-year, $19-million contract to join Boston this past offseason. The Brampton, Ontario, native has averaged 7.9 points and 8.4 rebounds through 36 appearances (31 starts).
Thompson would fit in nicely on a Raptors team struggling to get consistent production up front, particularly from offseason acquisition Aron Baynes. Toronto is currently on a five-game losing streak and without multiple starters due to the league's COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- Hornets hire Clifford for 2nd stint as head coach
- The 5 most interesting storylines from the NBA's 2022 draft
- Magic select Paolo Banchero with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Report: Duren, Kemba heading to Pistons in 3-way deal with Knicks, Hornets
- Undrafted Free-Agent Tracker: Follow signings after 2022 NBA Draft