Report: Kings player expected to suit up after inconclusive test Wednesday
An unidentified Sacramento Kings player had an inconclusive COVID-19 test on Wednesday, followed by two successive negative results Thursday and Friday, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears.
The player reportedly quarantined but is expected to be available to play against the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night.
Under NBA testing protocols, an inconclusive result must be followed by two negative test results at least 24 hours apart for a player to be cleared.
NBA teams in the Walt Disney World Resort bubble are concerned that inconclusive or "false positive" tests results could sideline players for key seeding games, according to Wojnarowski. The Kings sit in 10th place in the West heading into their restart schedule, 3 1/2 games behind the No. 8 seed Memphis Grizzlies.
- Middleton eager to shake off rust in season debut with Bucks
- Report: Lakers weighing multiple trade scenarios after Dec. 15
- Can the 76ers sustain their improved defense when the starting backcourt returns?
- Iverson: David Stern asked me to change controversial lyrics by rapping them
- Hayes' clutch shooting lifts Pistons past Mavs in OT