Beverley reasserts Clippers are 'best team in L.A.' after win over Lakers
"There was seven people in here on Media Day," Beverley said, according to ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk. "I told Shai (Gilgeous-Alexander), look (around) the room, there's seven people ... watch at the end of the year (how many more there will be). Like I said about us being the best team in L.A., a lot of people don't believe me, it's fine.
"Women lie. Men lie. Numbers don't."
The 6-foot-1 defensive ace was happy to go head-to-head against the four-time MVP, feeling that he had something to prove after the Miami Heat cut him in 2010 upon James' arrival.
"I played for Miami, with LeBron," Beverley said. "They cut me. I got drafted by the Lakers, they traded me to Miami. Bron got there, they cut me.
"I remember it like it was yesterday. So yeah, there's a chip on my shoulder."
Beverley finished with 13 points, nine rebounds, four assists, and five steals in 36 minutes in the 113-105 victory.
The Clippers (37-29) are seventh in the Western Conference standings and sit six games ahead of the Lakers with 16 games remaining.
- Report: Forbes heading to Nuggets as part of 3-team trade with Celtics, Spurs
- Thompson's team-high 21 points lead Warriors past Pistons
- Report: Clippers' George out at least a few more weeks
- Report: Vogel still on hot seat after Lakers' victory over Jazz
- NBA Rookie of the Year rankings: Mobley takes over top spot