Report: Suns owner put goats in ex-GM's office and they pooped all over
Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver reportedly tried to motivate former general manager Ryan McDonough with a metaphor, according to ESPN's Kevin Arnovitz, placing a herd of goats in the GM's office in 2017 to suggest the franchise needed to acquire a GOAT of its own.
The goats apparently then defecated all over McDonough's office.
Sarver reportedly got the herd from an event at Talking Stick Resort Arena in 2017 honoring Phoenix Mercury legend Diana Taurasi for becoming the WNBA's all-time leading scorer.
The GOAT metaphor suits Taurasi, who remains an All-Star caliber player and 20-plus-point scorer at 36 years old.
However, the Suns haven't reached the postseason since 2010, and the team logged just one relatively successful season during McDonough's tenure (48 wins in 2013-14). He was fired nine days prior to the start of the 2018-19 season.
Phoenix (13-51) is the NBA's worst team.
- Lillard won't rule out sitting rest of season if Blazers 'play for a draft pick'
- Caruso to undergo wrist surgery, out at least 6-8 weeks
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul