Raptors' Valanciunas logs full practice, nearing return
Toronto Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas went through a full practice Tuesday after being cleared for contact and is nearing a return, head coach Nick Nurse said, according to The Athletic's Blake Murphy.
Valanciunas has been sidelined since suffering a dislocated thumb on his non-shooting hand on Dec. 12 against the Golden State Warriors. He underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
The big man has started 10 of 30 games this season, drawing more traditional center matchups for the Raptors. He ranks third on the team with 7.2 rebounds per game while matching his career-high average of 12.8 points.
- Blazers trade Lillard to Bucks in 3-team blockbuster with Suns
- Where the Lillard trade leaves Bucks, Blazers, and Suns
- Report: 76ers interested in Holiday following trade to Blazers in Lillard deal
- Report: Dame expressed interest in Bucks, Nets prior to deal; Raps came close
- Warriors sign veteran Rudy Gay to compete for final roster spot