Howard away from Wizards to see nerve specialist in L.A.
"Dwight did not travel with the team. He is in the process of meeting with the nerve specialists. He probably won't be on this road trip. We'll know more information in the next couple of days," Wizards head coach Scott Brooks said at shootaround Wednesday.
Howard missed the Wizards' preseason training camp and first seven games of the regular season while battling the injury. After finally making his team debut on Nov. 2, Howard averaged 12.8 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 0.4 blocks - all career lows - over nine appearances. He has been inactive since Nov. 20, missing the Wizards' last four contests.
"He tried to play a few games back and wasn't ready to go and hasn't gotten much better in the last couple of days," Brooks added. "So he's going to see a specialist in Los Angeles and then we'll know more in the next couple of days."
The Wizards are 4-5 with Howard in the lineup and have been outscored by 8.8 points per 100 possessions in 230 minutes with him on the court.
- Ex-Mavs exec rips club's dramatic 'high school' workplace culture
- LaVine impressed with new-look Bulls: 'This ain't last year'
- NBA unveils Part 2 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Season opener shows challenge LeBron, AD face in confronting Lakers' flaws
- Opening night takeaway: Defending champion Bucks look even better