Report: Grizzlies 'seriously considering' drafting Porter Jr. at No. 4
The Memphis Grizzlies are evidently weighing all options when it comes to the fourth pick in next week's draft.
Porter, a 6-foot-10 forward with a silky jumper, could eventually emerge as the best player in the draft, but his medical history raises several concerns. He was the No. 1 recruit heading into college, but he missed all but three games as a freshman after undergoing lower back surgery. Those concerns were exacerbated when Porter canceled a workout earlier this week after he was left bedridden with muscle spasms in his hip.
Nevertheless, teams remain swayed by his talent and are willing to gamble. The Sacramento Kings have been linked to Porter in recent weeks, and they could trade down to take him or just pick him outright with the No. 2 pick.
Memphis has also reportedly discussed trading the No. 4 pick in an effort to return to the playoffs next year.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?