Westbrook passes Kidd for 3rd on all-time triple-doubles list
Russell Westbrook's ascent up the NBA's all-time triple-doubles chart continued Wednesday night at Barclays Center.
As a result, Westbrook takes sole possession of third place on the all-time list, moving past Nets legend and Hall of Famer Jason Kidd.
NBA All-Time Triple-Doubles List
He finished with 21 points on 9-of-23 shooting, 15 rebounds, and 17 assists in 40 minutes as Oklahoma City overcame a 23-point deficit to defeat Brooklyn 114-112 on the road.
Westbrook began the night nearly averaging a triple-double for the campaign, with 22.8 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 9.5 assists across 14 appearances for the 15-7 Thunder.
He averaged a triple-double in each of the last two seasons, making him the only player in history to reach the mark in consecutive years.
- Ex-Mavs exec rips club's dramatic 'high school' workplace culture
- LaVine impressed with new-look Bulls: 'This ain't last year'
- NBA unveils Part 2 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Season opener shows challenge LeBron, AD face in confronting Lakers' flaws
- Opening night takeaway: Defending champion Bucks look even better