Kerr tweets, quickly deletes criticism of league's rule enforcement
"It's an embarrassment," Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr tweeted late Thursday night. "I think the league is so happy with all the scoring that it doesn't want to enforce stuff like that."
And then, just like that, the tweet was gone.
Well, almost gone; tweets may be deleted, but screenshots live forever.
Kerr's comment was in reply to a video from the NBA's official Twitter account, showing Houston Rockets star James Harden nailing a 3-point shot after shaking Spurs defender LaMarcus Aldridge with his patented step-back.
One can only guess which aspect of the clip Kerr took umbrage with, but considering the thin line Harden tip-toes between legally gathering the ball and explicitly traveling, it's plausible the Warriors coachy believed the latter occurred.
- Ex-Mavs exec rips club's dramatic 'high school' workplace culture
- LaVine impressed with new-look Bulls: 'This ain't last year'
- NBA unveils Part 2 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Season opener shows challenge LeBron, AD face in confronting Lakers' flaws
- Opening night takeaway: Defending champion Bucks look even better