All-Stars Porzingis, Embiid, and Horford headline 2018 Skills Challenge
The NBA on TNT crew announced the eight participants of the 2018 Skills Challenge Thursday night, headlined by a trio of All-Stars, a pair of dynamic rookies, and several savvy vets.
|Al Horford||Boston Celtics|
|Donovan Mitchell||Utah Jazz|
|Jamal Murray||Denver Nuggets|
|Joel Embiid||Philadelphia 76ers|
|Kristaps Porzingis||New York Knicks|
|Lauri Markkanen||Chicago Bulls|
|Lou Williams||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Spencer Dinwiddie||Brooklyn Nets|
Knicks big man Kristaps Porzingis is back to defend his 2017 crown, as is Sixers center Joel Embiid, who was forced to withdraw from last year's event due to injury. The Celtics' versatile Al Horford joins his fellow Atlantic Division All-Star big men.
As in recent years, the 2018 Skills Challenge will feature three rounds with the entrants facing off in head-to-head heats until only one backcourt player and one frontcourt player remain for the decisive championship round.
If Porzingis does retain his Skills Challenge crown, the lanky Latvian will join Steve Nash, Dwyane Wade, and Damian Lillard as the only multi-time champs since the event was added to All-Star Saturday Night in 2003. A guard hasn't won the event since Patrick Beverley in 2015.
- Ex-Mavs exec rips club's dramatic 'high school' workplace culture
- LaVine impressed with new-look Bulls: 'This ain't last year'
- NBA unveils Part 2 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Season opener shows challenge LeBron, AD face in confronting Lakers' flaws
- Opening night takeaway: Defending champion Bucks look even better