Report: Knicks looking to part with Noah after argument with Hornacek
The New York Knicks and Joakim Noah are an unhappy marriage that seems destined for an ugly divorce.
The Knicks are reportedly exploring ways to part with Noah after he had a heated exchange with Jeff Hornacek in practice last week, sources told Shams Charania of Yahoo Sports.
A source close to the player told Frank Isola of the New York Daily News that Noah shouted at the head coach because of his lack of minutes against the Golden State Warriors.
Noah was promptly sent home for "personal reasons" and the team announced that he will not play in Tuesday's game against the Brooklyn Nets. He already sat out Sunday's win over the Phoenix Suns.
The 32-year-old Noah has played a grand total of 40 minutes this season as the Knicks try to deal with a logjam at center. Noah missed half of last year due to suspension and injuries and has been an afterthought in Hornacek's rotation this season.
The Knicks owe Noah $17.7 million this season and another $38 million in guaranteed salary over the next two seasons.
HEADLINES
- Durant drops 35 as Rockets hold on to beat Hornets
- Report: NBA plans to make anti-tanking rule changes next season
- Curry will miss at least 5 more games following MRI
- Luka expects to return vs. Clippers; Reaves off minutes restriction
- SGA out at least 1 more week; Jalen Williams to miss at least 2 weeks