Watch: Gabrielle Union shares full story of legendary banana boat photo
Warning: Video contains coarse language
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade have both spoken in the past about how the now-infamous "Banana Boat Crew" photo came to be, but the story of what happened after might be even better.
Union shared additional details about the banana boat incident while eating spicy wings on the latest episode of the YouTube series "Hot Ones."
"So we mount the banana boat. I am in front, then my spouse, and then I think it's (Chris Paul) and (LeBron James). What (paparazzi) did not capture - which was actually the best part - once we all mounted the banana, that boat took off, and no one was really prepared," Union said (starts at the 10:30 mark). "We were there for the initial jolt, and then he hung a hard left and we flew off and landed like side face first, like all of our weight. We're like 'f---, f---, f---,' that's all you heard in the water. It hurt, it was painful, but magically they only got us astride."
Union also spoke about Wade's friendship with James and how she found out Charles Oakley is a "master chef."
- Lillard won't rule out sitting rest of season if Blazers 'play for a draft pick'
- Caruso to undergo wrist surgery, out at least 6-8 weeks
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul