Durant: Antetokounmpo's ceiling is 'best player to ever play'
During a Q-and-A session Friday on YouTube, Durant acknowledged "The Greek Freak" as being his favorite player to watch, while offering up the highest of high praise for how great he feels the Milwaukee Bucks wing could end up being,
"The Greek Freak, I think, is a force. I've never seen anything like him. His ceiling is ... he could end up being the best player to ever play if he really wanted to. That's pretty scary to think about," said Durant.
It was last season when Antetokounmpo became just the fifth player in league history (Scottie Pippen, Kevin Garnett, Dave Cowens, and LeBron James) to lead his squad in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. He also finished in the top 20 overall in all of those categories, becoming the first player ever to do so.
Antetokounmpo's numbers across the board were career highs, averaging 22.9 points, 8.8 boards, 5.4 dimes, 1.6 steals, and 1.9 rejections across 80 appearances for the 42-win Bucks.
- Report: Irving not at media day due to health and safety protocols
- Zion underwent foot surgery, likely ready for start of season
- Grizzlies' Morant, Bane considered family, others when getting vaccine
- Report: Westbrook tried convincing Beal to leave Wizards
- Towns 'still dealing with a lot of shit' after COVID-19 struggles