Kyrie admits to 'exploitation tactic' with flat-Earth comments
Kyrie Irving isn't a flat-Earth truther after all.
In an interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub's "Toucher & Rich" show Monday at the Boston Celtics' media day, Irving finally admitted he was just trolling when he declared in February that he believed the Earth is flat.
"All I want to do is be able to have that open conversation," Irving explained. "It was all an exploitation tactic. It literally spun the world - your guy's world - it spun it into a frenzy and proved exactly what I thought it would do in terms of how all this works.
"It created a division, or, literally stand up there and let all these people throw tomatoes at me, or have somebody think I'm somehow a different intellectual person because I believe that the Earth is flat and you think the world is round. It created exactly that."
- Ball among 4 Hornets to enter COVID-19 health and safety protocols
- Warriors pull away late to snap Suns' 18-game win streak
- LeBron: NBA's COVID-19 testing process 'handled very poorly'
- Trail Blazers fire GM Olshey following investigation into workplace conduct
- Patty Mills 'can light it up,' but he's the NBA's model role player