Watch: Celtics fans bid farewell to Isaiah Thomas by burning his jersey
It's become customary for fans to burn a player's jersey when he leaves their favorite team, but this should've been an exception.
(Editor's note: Two other Youtube videos of Thomas' Celtics jersey being immolated have since been disabled)
Since joining the Celtics at the 2015 trade deadline, Thomas emerged as a leader and a star with the club. He finished third in scoring with 28.9 points per game to go along with 5.9 assists and 2.7 rebounds, while leading the team to the top seed in the Eastern Conference last season.
The 28-year-old earned the nickname "Mr. Fourth Quarter" with electrifying clutch performances, and showed outstanding courage during the playoffs as he played through grief following the death of his younger sister. He's been nothing short of loyal to the C's, and even helped recruit prized free agent Gordon Hayward.
Come on, guys.
- With h/t to 247Sports
- Westbrook chides Bazley for dunk: 'Certain things you just don't do'
- VanVleet leads Raptors past Pacers for 1st win in Toronto in 20 months
- Report: Embiid playing through injury to make up for Simmons' absence
- Report: LaVine has ligament tear in non-shooting hand, won't miss time
- NBA Podcast: Observations from first week of the season