Watch: Westbrook delivers tearful MVP speech
Russell Westbrook delivered a powerful and tearful speech after being named the 2016-17 Most Valuable Player at the NBA Awards.
Westbrook thanked everyone from his family to his teammates and colleagues - even down to the team chef - in a moving speech that was strongly received by those in attendance. He was in tears by the end of it.
While he's often criticized for hogging the headlines, Westbrook was immensely humble and gracious in his greatest moment of triumph.
- LeBron: I'm 'disappointed' Lakers didn't trade for Kyrie
- Trading for Kyrie is a gamble the Mavs couldn't afford not to make
- Report: Nets rejected CP3 offer from Suns, Lakers' 1st-rounders for Kyrie
- NBA Podcast: Breaking down the Kyrie Irving trade, Warriors lose Curry
- NBA Rookie of the Year rankings: Banchero rolling as All-Star break nears