Watch: Daryl Morey stars in 'Moneyball' spoof
The last two decades in sports can be told through the rise of analytics. Professional sporting leagues are shying away from relying on traditional heuristics and shifting instead toward empirical data.
It's not a particularly fun story to tell, but there are a few odd exceptions. "Moneyball," a book-turned-movie recounting how Oakland Athletics general manager Billy Beane used data-driven processes to exploit market inefficiencies to build a low-cost playoff team, was a smash hit in the box office.
Along that vein, The Ringer made a spoof of Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey, who didn't receive his own movie but is very much the Billy Beane of basketball.
- Report: Knicks trade Noel, Burks to Pistons, opening space for Brunson
- Zubac, Clippers agree to 3-year, $33M extension
- Report: Jazz finalizing deal to name Celtics assistant Hardy as head coach
- Report: Westbrook to exercise $47.1M option
- Kyrie exercising $37M option with Nets for 2022-23: 'See you in the fall'