Harden 1st player to score 2,000 points, assist on 2,000 in same season
It was during Sunday's 137-125 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder that Harden became the first player ever to score 2,000 points in a single season, as well as assist on at least 2,000 points.
Entering Tuesday's matchup with the visiting Golden State Warriors, Harden ranked tied for sixth in minutes per game (36.5), second in scoring (29.4), and first in assists (11.3).
He also currently holds the all-time record for total turnovers at 422, making him the first to ever turn the rock over more than 400 times.
After battling Golden State, the Rockets will have eight games remaining on their schedule for Harden to boost his numbers as he vies with Westbrook, James, and Kawhi Leonard for MVP.
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- Reporter doesn't recognize Jazz's Clarkson during street interview
- Knicks GM says all players vaccinated
- Report: Warriors reach deal with Avery Bradley