Spurs trainer pulls Leonard from game 'to rest' after hit to face
According to David Aldridge of NBA.com, head coach Gregg Popovich said the team's athletic trainer felt it would be best to rest him for the night.
The blow was to his mouth or cheek, the coach added, and there is no update on whether or not the forward will be able to play in Saturday's contest against the Golden State Warriors.
Leonard left after collecting 19 points in 26 minutes with two rebounds and two assists.
- Ex-Mavs exec rips club's dramatic 'high school' workplace culture
- LaVine impressed with new-look Bulls: 'This ain't last year'
- NBA unveils Part 2 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Season opener shows challenge LeBron, AD face in confronting Lakers' flaws
- Opening night takeaway: Defending champion Bucks look even better