Popovich sets record for most wins with one franchise
Legendary head coaches like Don Nelson, Phil Jackson, Lenny Wilkens, and Pat Riley can all claim more total victories at their profession than Gregg Popovich - but not with one organization.
With the San Antonio Spurs' 121-97 blowout win over the Denver Nuggets Saturday night at the AT&T Center, Popovich now holds the NBA coaching record for the most wins with one franchise in league history, passing Jerry Sloan's mark with the Utah Jazz.
NBA All-Time Wins (Coach)
Popovich, currently working his 21st season in San Antonio, took over for former Spurs coach Bob Hill on Dec. 10, 1996. He's won five NBA championships with the silver and black, and has taken home Coach of the Year honors on three occasions.
- Scorching AD drops season-high 55 points in Lakers' win over Wizards
- NBA Rookie of the Year rankings: Mathurin, Banchero off to blazing starts
- Lillard scores 21 in return to help Blazers top Pacers
- NBA-best Celtics snap Nets' 4-game win streak
- Report: Hawks' Young sat out vs. Nuggets after exchange with McMillan