Harden scores career-high 53 points in triple-double explosion
The 6-foot-5 guard exploded for the best offensive performance of his career, finishing with a career-high 53 points, 17 assists, and 16 rebounds in the 129-122 victory. He's now the first player in league history with at least 50 points, 15 rebounds, and 15 assists in a single contest.
Harden also tied Wilt Chamberlain for the most points in a triple-double performance.
While Harden managed to score in a number of ways, he was particularly hot from deep, finishing with a career-high nine 3-pointers.
With averages of 26.8 points, 11.7 assists, and 8.6 rebounds in December, Harden has made a strong case for Player of the Month honors, and is right in the thick of the MVP race.
After a slow start to the season, the Rockets have been red-hot under Harden's leadership, going 15-2 during the last month of play.
- NBA Rookie of the Year rankings: Holmgren, Wemby battle for top spot
- Report: Suns' Beal targeting Tuesday return vs. Warriors
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Lakers win debut NBA Cup behind dominant performances from LeBron, AD
- Kyrie suffered heel contusion in win over Blazers