Westbrook continues to miss go-ahead shots as Thunder fall to Hawks
Westbrook finished three assists short of another triple-double, logging 46 points, 11 rebounds, and seven dimes - while shooting 16-of-33 from the floor. He was 3-for-10 from beyond the arc, including this missed trey with under three seconds left in the game (Steven Adams then tried to put away the rebound, but time had expired).
The miss continued a somewhat disturbing trend for Westbrook. He is now 0-for-5 this season on potential go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime, according to ESPN.
Westbrook, not a consistent 3-point threat, is shooting a career-high 32.5 percent from deep this season - well below the ideal mark in the mid-to-high thirties. His field goal percentage of 42.6 also ranks as one of the lowest of his last seven seasons.
- Westbrook chides Bazley for dunk: 'Certain things you just don't do'
- VanVleet leads Raptors past Pacers for 1st win in Toronto in 20 months
- Report: Embiid playing through injury to make up for Simmons' absence
- Report: LaVine has ligament tear in non-shooting hand, won't miss time
- NBA Podcast: Observations from first week of the season