Barnes cooperating with NYPD over choking allegation, lawyer says
Sacramento Kings forward Matt Barnes is cooperating with the New York Police Department regarding the alleged choking of a woman at a Manhattan nightclub early Monday, Barnes' attorney Alex Spiro said in a statement, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
Barnes allegedly choked the woman and assaulted two other people who attempted to intervene, and security footage indicates the 36-year-old NBA veteran as the assailant, according to USA Today's A.J. Perez.
A representative told TMZ that Barnes was defending himself from a group of people inside the bar.
- Lowry signs reported 3-year, $90M deal with Heat via sign-and-trade
- Paul to re-sign with Suns on 4-year deal worth up to $120M
- Cavs, Allen agree to 5-year, $100M contract
- Report: Heat, Butler expected to agree to max extension over $184M
- Bulls, Lonzo agree to 4-year, $85M deal via sign-and-trade with Pelicans