Grizzlies' Parsons ruled out for season opener
The 27-year-old went under the knife back in March to repair a meniscus tear in his knee before signing a four-year, $94-million max contract with Memphis as an unrestricted free agent months later.
He was limited upon entering training camp, and didn't make a single appearance for the Grizzlies in six preseason outings.
Parsons averaged 13.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 2.8 assists on a career-best 49.2 percent shooting from the field during his second and final season with the Dallas Mavericks.
Brandan Wright will also be sidelined against Minnesota due to an ankle injury.
- Westbrook chides Bazley for dunk: 'Certain things you just don't do'
- VanVleet leads Raptors past Pacers for 1st win in Toronto in 20 months
- Report: Embiid playing through injury to make up for Simmons' absence
- Report: LaVine has ligament tear in non-shooting hand, won't miss time
- NBA Podcast: Observations from first week of the season