Durant makes Warriors overwhelming title favorite in updated betting odds

J Pat Carter / Getty Images Sport / Getty

As much as opposing teams are cowering at the prospect of facing a Kevin Durant-aided Golden State Warriors team, sportsbooks are feeling the same about the prospect of taking action on the obvious title favorite.

In the wake of Durant announcing he'll bring his talents to Oakland, the Warriors' odds moved to 2-3 at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook after opening at 3-2 on May 29. That's a shift in implied probability from a 40 percent likelihood of winning the title to 60 percent.

The Warriors' win total has also been set at 68.5, meaning the team would need to have one of the five best win-loss records in NBA history to pay out over bettors.

Here's a look at some notable line movements on title odds:

Team Odds on 5/29 Odds on 7/4
Warriors 3-2 2-3
Cavaliers 5-2 5-2
Spurs 6-1 8-1
Clippers 16-1 20-1
Thunder 8-1 30-1

(Odds courtesy: Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook/Jeff Sherman)

Comments
Durant makes Warriors overwhelming title favorite in updated betting odds
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!

Daily Newsletter

Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox