Days after UFC debut, Neil Seery returns to warehouse job
After a massive Twitter campaign by Irish MMA fans, Neil Seery (13-10, 6-2 at flyweight) finally got his UFC opportunity — being a short-notice injury replacement at UFC Fight Night 37 in London.
While his debut ended as a unanimous decision loss to Brad Pickett, Seery impressed UFC officials, leading many to believe he would receive at least another fight with the company,
Despite his strong showing, Seery returned to his day job Tuesday, posting a photo of him sweeping a warehouse floor on Twitter.
It's likely that Seery's next shot in the octagon will be July 19, when the UFC heads to Ireland. Until then, his job at an electrical company near Dublin Airport will have to do.
- Mayweather: McGregor rematch in works for 2023
- Former UFC champion Aldo retires from MMA
- Sandhagen finishes Song with doctor's stoppage in UFC main event
- Derrick Lewis vs. Serghei Spivac to headline Nov. 19 Fight Night event
- 'I f*cked up': Bobby Green reveals failed drug test led to UFC 276 bout cancelation against Jim Miller