Hermansson-Pyfer to headline UFC's Feb. 10 event
Rising middleweight prospect Joe Pyfer will get a huge step up in competition in his next bout.
Pyfer will meet No. 10-ranked contender Jack Hermansson in the main event of a UFC Fight Night card Feb. 10 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, UFC CEO Dana White announced Thursday.
Pyfer is 3-0 in the UFC - all stoppages - since making his debut in September 2022, finishing the likes of Abdul Razak Alhassan by submission and Gerald Meerschaert via TKO. Pyfer, who is not yet ranked in the top 15 of the 185-pound division, joined the promotion after an appearance on Dana White's Contender Series.
Hermansson will be making his first Octagon appearance in over a year. "The Joker" is coming off a second-round TKO defeat to Roman Dolidze last December. Hermansson, who was born in Sweden but fights out of Norway, has alternated wins and losses in his last seven outings dating back to 2019.
- Reviewing PFL vs. Bellator: Pros and cons, biggest takeaways
- Ortega submits Rodriguez to avenge 2022 loss
- Royval upsets Moreno by split decision in UFC Mexico City main event
- PFL vs. Bellator results: Ferreira starches Bader 21 seconds into main event
- Boxing champ Shields wins MMA return by split decision