Star prospect Nickal to make UFC debut vs. Pickett at UFC 282
Top middleweight prospect Bo Nickal will make his UFC debut against Jamie Pickett at UFC 282 on Dec. 10 in Las Vegas, promotion officials told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.
Nickal is one of the most hyped youngsters in mixed martial arts after back-to-back wins on "Dana White's Contender Series."
The 26-year-old got his second victory in under a minute on Tuesday to earn a UFC contract. It was the third professional win of his career, all of which have come in the first round.
Nickal was a three-time Division I national wrestling champion while at Penn State. He produced a 120-3 record in college.
Meanwhile, Pickett enters the fight on a two-fight losing skid, falling to Kyle Daukaus via submission and Denis Tiuliulin by TKO.
He has a 13-8 career record and made his UFC debut in 2020 after also coming through DWCS.
- Pimblett accepts Jake Paul's $1M sparring challenge under condition
- USADA: McGregor likely requires 6 months in testing pool before return
- Pacheco stuns undefeated Harrison to take PFL title, $1M prize
- Pereira fought Adesanya with torn ligaments in finger
- Prochazka vacates title; Blachowicz to fight Ankalaev for gold at UFC 282