Star prospect Nickal to make UFC debut vs. Pickett at UFC 282
Top middleweight prospect Bo Nickal will make his UFC debut against Jamie Pickett at UFC 282 on Dec. 10 in Las Vegas, promotion officials told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.
Nickal is one of the most hyped youngsters in mixed martial arts after back-to-back wins on "Dana White's Contender Series."
The 26-year-old got his second victory in under a minute on Tuesday to earn a UFC contract. It was the third professional win of his career, all of which have come in the first round.
Nickal was a three-time Division I national wrestling champion while at Penn State. He produced a 120-3 record in college.
Meanwhile, Pickett enters the fight on a two-fight losing skid, falling to Kyle Daukaus via submission and Denis Tiuliulin by TKO.
He has a 13-8 career record and made his UFC debut in 2020 after also coming through DWCS.
- Gastelum makes 170 pounds for 1st time in 9 years
- Perry hopes win over Alvarez leads to 'Mayweather-McGregor type of' fight
- Cormier: UFC should strip Jones, promote Aspinall to undisputed champ
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- PFL renews broadcast deal with ESPN