McGregor to star in 'Road House' remake
Conor McGregor is set to make his major acting debut.
The former UFC two-division champion will star alongside Jake Gyllenhaal in Amazon Prime Video's upcoming reimagining of the classic 1980s action movie "Road House," according to Justin Kroll of Deadline. Production on the film is set to begin this month in the Dominican Republic.
Directed by Doug Liman, the remake follows a former UFC fighter (played by Gyllenhaal) who begins working as a bouncer at a roadhouse in the Florida Keys. McGregor's exact role is unknown, but sources told Deadline that the Irishman will play an original character and not himself.
McGregor reportedly watched "Road House" for the first time after learning there was interest in him joining the cast of the remake. He then met with one of the film's producers, Joel Silver, and loved the direction the new story was taking in comparison to the original, according to Deadline's sources.
The original "Road House" was released in 1989 and starred Patrick Swayze, Sam Elliott, Kelly Lynch, and Ben Gazzara.
- Jones dismisses Aspinall's assertion that UFC should strip his title
- White: Turner-Green stoppage 'one of the worst I've ever seen'
- Perry beats Alvarez by corner stoppage in BKFC 56 main event
- White reacts to PFL's acquisition of Bellator: 'Sounds like a f-----g winner'
- Tsarukyan KOs Dariush 64 seconds into UFC Austin main event