Report: PFL front-runner to sign Kayla Harrison
It appears Kayla Harrison will not be moving to a different promotion in 2022.
The PFL is the front-runner to sign Harrison - its reigning women's lightweight champion - to a new contract, according to MMA reporter Ariel Helwani.
Harrison became a free agent after winning the PFL women's lightweight tournament for the second straight season in 2021.
The 31-year-old had been in talks with the UFC, potentially for a fight with Amanda Nunes. Another option for Harrison was signing with Bellator to face Cris Cyborg.
Harrison, a two-time Olympic gold medalist in judo, is considered one of the best women's MMA fighters outside the UFC. Undefeated at 12-0, she beat Taylor Guardado by second-round submission last October to repeat as PFL champ.
- Dana White: Jones to fight either Ngannou or Miocic in heavyweight debut
- Murphy-Tate moving to UFC Long Island due to positive COVID-19 test
- Gamrot edges Tsarukyan in entertaining UFC main event
- Eblen dethrones Mousasi to capture middleweight title at Bellator 282
- Ray submits Pettis at PFL 5 to set up playoff rematch