Johnson-Rodtang mixed-rules bout rebooked for March 26
The mixed-rules fight between Demetrious Johnson and Rodtang Jitmuangnon will take place at the rescheduled ONE X event on March 26, ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong announced Wednesday on "The MMA Hour."
An atomweight title fight between Angela Lee and Stamp Fairtex will headline the card. Additionally, Adriano Moraes will defend the flyweight belt against Yuya Wakamatsu.
The ONE X event was originally slated for Dec. 5, but it was called off in October due to a rise in Singapore's COVID-19 cases.
Johnson, a former UFC flyweight champion, and Rodtang, the ONE flyweight Muay Thai titleholder, will meet in a unique combination of mixed martial arts and Muay Thai.
The fight will consist of four three-minute rounds that alternate between the two different rulesets, starting with Muay Thai in Round 1.
The event, which marks ONE Championship's 10-year anniversary, will also feature former UFC champ Eddie Alvarez, Sage Northcutt, and Shinya Aoki, but their fights haven't been finalized.
Sityodtong also announced that ONE bantamweight champion Bibiano Fernandes will defend his belt against UFC veteran John Lineker on Feb. 11.
- Figueiredo: Garbrandt 'in decline,' flyweight not for him
- UFC 270 weigh-in results: Ngannou, Gane cleared for title fight
- UFC 270 best bets: Ngannou hard to refuse as underdog
- UFC 270 loses Vieira-Turman; Topuria reportedly out vs. Jourdain
- Report: Ex-UFC champ Andrade returning to strawweight for Lemos fight